Monday, March 30, 2009

I hate public speaking and I really dislike my communications class. I understand that you have to learn how to properly communicate before you can become a teacher, but speaking to kids and a ton of other adults you don't really know is completely different. At least when I speak at church I feel like I'm loved and my talk will be totally forgotten by the nest Sunday's meetings anyway. I have a speech at 12 p.m. and the professor for my 10:30 a.m. class didn't show up. So, now I have and hour and a half to kill (currently 45 min. down 45 to go) and worry about my speech. Sometimes I hate that we wish for things all the time (like for class to be cancelled) and then the one day it is you really wanted to have class to keep your mind off the bad, scary, or nerve racking things. ugghhh...

Now that I have complained enough for the next 24 hours, what good things have happened to me today? Umm? I think I did really well on my Marriage and Family test thanks to my great notes! woo! Now that I've taken my Marriage and Family test the only other test I have this week is Child Development and that's open note too! woo hoo! Let's see...what else? I scheduled an optometry appointment, so on the ninth I'll figure out whether or not the headaches I've been having are because I need new glasses.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

So, how did it go? Sorry you are having headaches ...

Kaylonnie said...

My speech went fine. My professor didn't even hear it, so that was pretty awesome.

Kaylonnie said...

So, I went to the eye doctor on Thursday and she said my eyes haven't really changd, so she didn't know what was causing the headaches. She decided to dialate my eyes to see if there was any thing wrong with the back of my eye and she found NOTHING! So I am still having headaches like every other day, but I'm getting new glasses because the sharp spot on the nose piece of my old one had been digging into my nose. The only advice the doctor gave me was to take a 20 - 60 second break every 20 minutes I'm on the computer. I didn't have to go to medical school to figure that one out! uggghhh...