Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sometimes I think that Fairy Tales are way to overrated and could never happen to me, but sometimes I pray with all my might, mind, and strength that fairy tales do come true. But what are Fairy Tales -- really? Are they prayers in our heart or just wishful thinking? I wish I could say, but I just don't know. Sometimes I'm glad for the opposition in all things and realize that with pain I wouldn't be able to recognize the good things in life. But all too often trials just suck (at least in the moment of the trial). Then the little voice in my head reminds me "Obviously Kaylonnie, that's why they're called trials. They try your patience (and any other quality you haven't fully developed."

This last year, I've learned that no matter how many times you pray that you'll wake up from the bad dream that your life seems to be, it will never happen. Fortunately Heavenly Father has a plan for all of our lives. He loves me more than I'll ever be able to comprehend and he knows that what's best for all of us is to learn to get through our challenges instead of running away from them.

But just once, I wish that life could be easy. I wish that just once I wouldn't have to work for a good grade or that my nieces wouldn't have to deal with the fact that their father died, or that I'll meet my Prince Charming and we'll be married for time and all eternity.

No comments: